Sunday, September 28, 2014

Meet the Ignite Youth Leaders of the 2014-2015 School Year

Robbie (left) & Noah (right)

Robbie Neal, Youth Pastor


"My name is Robbie Neal and I am 23 years old. I have lived in Kalama my entire life and I love this town. Karissa and I have been married since July of 2010 and we have one daughter, Kinley Neal, as of August, 2014. Along with being a dad I enjoy hunting and fishing here in Southwest Washington. I have been a youth pastor with Riverview Community Church since the summer of 2011 and have had a blast helping to develop the youth group. I look forward to what God has in store for this year’s group of teens as we have the privilege of having a place that we can call home. May God continue to bless this community."  

 

Noah Ehrhard, Student Leader (Jr.)
Anja

My name is Noah Ehrhard. I'm 16 and currently a running start student at Clark College. I love God, and I'm just waiting to see what he has in store for me next. My goal in life is to share God with everyone I meet and spread his love to this generation.

Anja Shoun, Worship Leader

Anja has been an adult leader with Ignite for 2 years as well as the worship leader for RiverView Community Church. At the end of last year she began putting a youth band together so that Wednesday evenings could have a worship component.


Matt (left) & Klancy (right)

  Klancy Shriver, Adult Leader

"Hi there, my name is Klancy. Growing up in a Christian home, I came to know the Lord at a very young age, and have always felt led to share his word with others. I began helping Robbie and Karissa in 2009 when they started a Kalama branch of the middle school ministry, Wyldlife. That eventually became the Ignite youth group you see today. In addition to the weekly clubs, I am also a volunteer leader at the summer and winter camps. I am currently in college studying accounting, and in my free time I enjoy hiking, bird hunting, and making very corny jokes. If you see me at any of the clubs, feel free to say hi."

 

Matt Kmetz, Adult Leader 

"Hey I’m Matt! First off I’m one of the adult leaders in Ignite and I’ve given myself completely to God over a year ago and since then I‘ve been going to Riverview. I mean, I went to church and stuff before that but it wasn’t until some hardship that I surrendered myself to Him. Since then I’ve definitely felt his presence and His work being done through me. Right now I’m going to college and working at Fred Meyers and hopefully I’ll start being a volunteer firefighter soon."

Tori (left) Karissa (center) & Danielle (right)

 Karissa Neal, Youth Pastor

"I'm married to the handsome guy on here with the same last name and was blessed this past summer with the most adorable baby girl in the world. I have a serious addiction to shoes, which is odd because 99.99999% of the time you'll see me in my newest favorite pair of flip flops that I'll wear until they literally fall off my feet. My other loves are the beach, Disney, shopping, and Dutch Bros Peach Smoothies! As for my dislike list, here it is: Middle & High School. That was definitely one of the most difficult and confusing times in my life dealing with social hierarchy, grades, and the pressure of deciding what I wanted to do with my life. My passion is to come along side of teenagers going through the same pressures I was, which I’ve recently found is every single teenager, and just simply walk through life with them, loving them as they are-as Christ loves them."

Victoria Neuschwander, Student Leader (Fr.)

Tori is a Freshman this year at Mark Morris in Longview. She loves horses, training them, drawing them, and riding them. Her horse, Diamond, currently lives with her grandparents at their farm. Tori has been attending RiverView Community Church and the Ignite Youth Group for 3 years now.


Mackenzie

Danielle Ehrhard, Student Leader (Sph.) 

"Hey! My name is Danielle Ehrhard. I've been going to Ignite three years now, but, this is my first year as student leader. I'm so excited to be apart of what God is doing here and I can’t wait to see what He's going to do next!"

Mackenzie Morrison, Student Leader (Sph.) 

Mackenzie is a sophomore at Mark Morris in Longview. She gave her life to the Lord at our 2012 summer camp and since then has rarely missed a Sunday morning church service and has been involved with every teen ministry possible.



Bradon (left) & Jack (right)

Bradon Thompson, Student Leader (Sph)

"I have lived in Kalama my whole life with my mom, dad, and three brothers. I love my family, friends, sports, and the colors light blue and lime green. I try my hardest in every thing I do, like sports, helping people, and school (most the time). Interesting facts about me: I had heart surgery when I was five and split my head open when I was three. My relationship with God is good, He's helped me out a lot but I would love to be a lot closer with Him. I started going to church about two years ago and really got into it this past year. I feel safe and feel like I can trust the leadership team and people around me at church. If you would like to know more, just ask me."

Jack Spiess, Worship Team (lead guitar) 

Jack is a freshman at Kalama High School. He’s very involved in sports, currently playing Varsity Football.  He attends RiverView church weekly and this will be his 3rd year involved in the Ignite program. 

Sterling Buck, Student Leader (Sr.) 

"My name is Sterling and I like to party. I’m pretty chill and like Disney. I’ve gone through some hard times with people telling me to grow up. I am a firm believer in Jesus Christ and God. I love 50’s love songs (favorite band is the Turtles)."


 

Zack Gonzales, Student Leader (Sr.)

"My name is Zack and I am 18 years old. I am a Senior at Kalama High School and want to go to Tech School after I graduate. I like sports and am currently playing Varsity Football. I’m dating Brittany Haynes and my best friend is Spencer."

Eli Spreadborough, Student Leader (Sr.)

"I'm Eli, and I'm a junior who is doing full time Running Start. I'm big into outdoorsy stuff like hunting, fishing, and riding dirt bikes and the like. One reason I'm so into the outdoors is that it gives me a chance to connect with God. Funny side note, the first time I met Robbie Neal, he had just shot an elk on my property, and now he is my youth pastor! Anyways, enough of me, I'm sure there's plenty more BIO's to read!"

 

 Shalese Jorgenson, Student Leader (Sr.)

"Softball and food are my loves!!! I'm a child at heart who still loves Pokemon and watching Disney movies while coloring in my color book. My boyfriend is Eli Spreadborough and he is kind of amazing. Captain America and Batman are my favorite super heroes and that's bout it! Ohhh and did I say I love food!"

Emily Posey, Worship Band (lead vocals)

"I'm Emily Posey and I'm a senior at Kalama High School. I've been doing ignite since it first began and I've been a leader since 8th grade; I'm currently the lead singer for the Ignite Band. My scholastic activities include: cross country, knowledge bowl, wrestling, national honors society, track, bluesband, pep band,concert band, and theatre. My relationship with God started at a very young age; I've always looked to Him for advice and what to do in every situation. He's my role model and I wouldn't have it any other way."

Kaylin Morrell, Student Leader (Sr.) 

"My name is Kaylin. I love painting and drawing and I paint murals with my bestfriend Shalese. I am in love with animals and am a child at heart and that'll never change. I play guitar but You'll never hear me sing. Disney is my life, if you reference or sing with me you're my best friend. Ok, so I said I never sing, Disney songs are the exception. I'm a terrible driver so never ever under any circumstances get in a car with me behind the wheel because you're almost guaranteed to die. I absolutely love ministry. I used to help my dad in Sunday school when I was in middle school and have wanted to be a part of ministry ever since."

 

Brittany Haynes, Student Leader (Fr.)

Brittany is a freshman and currently homeschooled. She has been cheering for the Kalama High School and has been enjoying that quite a bit.

 



Rio Syvertsen, Student Leader (Sph.)

"Hey, this is Rio. I'm funny, smart, nice, wild, and polite. Some of my hobbies are riding dirt bikes, working on cars, hunting, fixing things, and working outside. The school I go to is small but very fun. I don't like to do homework and I don't like English. My relationship with God is like the story of lost son."

Makenna Speed, Student Leader (Fr.)

"I'm a freshman at Kalama High School. The two sports I play are soccer and wrestling. I love to be with friends and share some laughs. I'm apart of the Ignite leadership because I want to keep learning about God and help others find him too. I'm excited to see how I grow in God and with the people around me as well."

Tony Hamblin, Worship Band (Drums)

Tony served our country in a tour of Afghanistan in the army and then went to Clark College. He currently has a photography company, Hamstik Media. He plays drums for RiverView Community Church occasionally and is the drummer for the Wednesday Evening Worship Band.






 Jaydon Morrell, Worship Band (Bass)

Jaydon is a freshman at Kalama High School. He’s the bass player for the Kalama High School bluesband and will be playing bass for the Ignite Youth Band on Wednesday evenings.

 


 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment